Friday, July 9, 2010

Be happy with yourself.

I am so fed up with people today.

Look at this:

Marilyn Monroe was not a size 1, 2, or even 6.
She was a size 12 in dresses and a size 8 in pants. Now, what is sad to me is these days that is considered fat.

A guy likes a girl with confidence. Well, I want guys to know that it is very hard for a girl to be confident when they are always feeling like they're not good enough.

I am not skinny. I am not fat. I am the right size for my structure I think and I am happy with it for the most part. Yes, I could lose some weight and I probably should but, I think that should be MY choice. I should not be forced into changing my body because of someone else making a comment on the way I look.

I know plenty of girls that have a little extra pounds on them but they are beautiful. But they don't feel beautiful. Why? Because the world has made us believe that you are not beautiful unless you are the perfect size. What is the perfect size though? If I was a man, I would much rather have someone full figured. Being too skinny just looks too unhealthy. Being to fat also looks too unhealthy. I think in between both of those is where most of us should be. To be healthy and to look healthy.
Self esteem is how you feel about yourself as a person. So why should we let anyone else determine our own views towards ourselves? Its called self esteem. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. If you have low self esteem, look at the reasons you are feeling this way. Change those things for YOURSELF. Don't change them for other people. I have been called fat more than a few times in my life and I use to let it bother me. It bothered me to the point where I didn't want to hang out with anyone, dress up, nothing. I thought, "whats the point?" No one is going to care what I look like whether I'm dressed up or not.
But then I thought, "Wait a second, this is my life and I'm not going to let someone elses thoughts of me change who I am." I got up, put on my make up and the outfit I thought I looked extremely good lookin' in (hehe) and I went out and did my thing.
Its all about confidence. You will look great if you feel great.

And no, I'm not talking bad about all the skinny people in the world, I'm just praising all the chubby/curvy girls that don't get enough credit.

This is me. For once in my life, I can say...that I am happy with my looks. I'm happy with my weight. I'm happy with my life.
There are some things about myself that I would not mind changing, but until then I'm not going to frown upon myself anymore.




"I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't."
Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment